Pastor Greg Laurie delivers a message from Philippians 4, offering encouraging words to help us dispel the worries that plague our lives.
- The Greek word translated anxious in verse 6 means, “to be pulled in different directions.”
1. The believer should not worry.
- When you worry about the future, you cripple yourself in the present.
- Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.
2. Instead of worrying, you should rejoice!
- “A cheerful heart has a continual feast” (Proverbs 15:15).
- God’s plans for you are still good and He will never leave or forsake you.
3. When we pray instead of worry and rejoice instead of panic, we have peace.
3 Steps to the Cure for Worry
- Right Praying
- Right Thinking
- Right Living
The peace of God will stand guard night and day over the two areas that create worry: the heart (wrong feeling) and the mind (wrong thinking).
- Why do thoughts matter?
- Because what we think about ultimately affects what we do.
- The next time you are filled with worry, try talking to yourself.