Pastor Greg Laurie re-launches his series, Water–Fire–Stone, with an encouraging message: “From Hopelessness to Happiness.” Speaking from Exodus 20, Pastor Greg gives us insight from the life of Moses and shows us how God reveals the path to happiness in the Ten Commandments.
God can take all of the hurt and pain we have experienced in life and use it to touch others, and to make us into the men and women He wants us to be.
“Hope is the medicine I use more than any other—hope can cure nearly anything.”
Water Fire Stone
- Water: because God saved Moses as a young man from a certain death in the Nile.
- Fire: because it was at the burning bush that Moses was given a second chance.
- Stone: because it was on tablets of stone that God gave His commandments.
Barely 300 words long in English, the Ten Commandments form the foundation of our legal system and are the heart of the Western Civilization.
“It’s not a black solution; it’s not a white solution, it’s not a blue solution . . . it’s a God solution!” —Senator Tim Scott
We need to do more than memorize these commandments; we need to internalize them.
The Ten Commandments are not obsolete; they are absolute.
- The first four commandments speak to our relationship with God.
- The last six commandments speak to our relationship with others.
- “Have no other gods before Me.”
- If the Lord God is number one in your life, everything else will find its proper balance.
- He does not want to share you with another god.
- God wants loyalty, fidelity, and faithfulness just as a spouse should.
- “Do not make for yourself an idol of any kind.”
- “Don’t take the Lord’s name in vain.”
- “Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy.”
- “Honor your father and mother.”
- Exodus 20:2–17
- Deuteronomy 6:6–9
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.