In today’s Sunday morning message, Pastor Greg Laurie gleans timeless truths from the last three of the Ten Commandments. Listen in as he shows us “The Heart of the Problem” and the reason behind these commandments. It’s a message from his series, Water–Fire–Stone, looking at the life of Moses.
The Ten Commandments are guardrails so we can live happy lives and walls of protection to keep us safe.
“You shall not steal.”
- The world doesn’t owe you a living!
- Steal no longer.
- Do something useful.
- Share what you have.
- The Bible does not advocate or condone socialism.
- Did you know that it’s possible to steal from God Himself?
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
- We can lie by gossiping and backbiting.
- Jesus said, “I am the truth.”
- In dramatic contrast, Satan is “the father of lies.”
- Flattery is another form of lying.
- Exaggeration is another form of lying.
- We can also lie by remaining silent when we should speak.
“You shall not covet.”
- To covet is to be devoured by desire for something that is not yours.
- Exodus 20
- Ephesians 4:28
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10–13
- Malachi 3:8
- Proverbs 6:16–19
- Colossians 3:5
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.