In this Sunday morning message, Pastor Greg Laurie examines how Moses models the intimacy you can experience with God. Turn in your Bible to Exodus 32 and follow along as we continue to look at the life of Moses in a series called, “Water–Fire–Stone.”
“So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend” (Exodus 33:11).
- Moses offers himself in the place of the people.
- Prayer is not getting your will in Heaven, but God’s will on Earth.
1. Moses asks for Divine direction.
2. Moses asks for confirmation.
“The Lord replied to Moses, ‘I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name’” (Exodus 33:17).
3. Moses asks for the very glory of God to be revealed to him.
- We sit in awe of the relationship Moses had with God, but did you know that your friendship with God as a Christian is even closer?
Other Scriptures Referenced
- Exodus 32
- James 1:2–4
- Matthew 5:44–45
- Exodus 32:31–32
- Romans 9:3
- Exodus 33:13–23
- Acts 7:55