What does God think of us? How does He feel about us? Is He angry with us? Does He even care what’s going on in our lives? Pastor Greg Laurie answers these questions in this message from Numbers 6, explaining that God desires to richly bless us. It’s the latest in his series on the life of Moses, Water–Fire–Stone.
Read: Numbers 6:24–27
- We are fallen people, living in a fallen world, in need of help.
1. God loves to bless us.
- Blessing is a spiritual word.
- Jesus began and concluded His earthly ministry blessing people.
- The word blessed is from the Greek word Makarios, which is the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.
- God wants us to be blessed and happy.
- Blessedness and true happiness are independent of our circumstances.
You want to live a blessed and happy life?
Love God and obey His voice and cling to Him.
2. God will keep you.
“Who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation” (1 Peter 1:5).
3. God smiles on you.
- Not only does God’s smiling shining face look at you, but He sings over you, too.
4. He is gracious to you.
5. He is attentive to you.
6. He wants to give peace to you.
- We can have the blessing because Christ took the curse.
- Numbers 6:24
- Deuteronomy 30:19–20
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- Jude 1:24
- Numbers 6:25
- Zephaniah 3:17
- Numbers 6:26
- Numbers 6:27
- Galatians 3:13