In this Sunday morning message, titled “It’s All How You Look at Things,” Pastor Greg Laurie explains that the way we view God affects the way we view everything else in life. We’ll get needed perspective and encouragement in this sermon from Numbers 13—in a series called “Water–Fire–Stone” on the life of Moses.
- God is bigger than your giant!
- How we view God will determine how we view life as well.
“And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul” (Psalm 106:15).
12 spies were sent in: 10 brought back an evil report, and two brought back a good report.
- The Majority Report: they did not see God for who He is, they only saw their problems.
- The Minority Report: they saw God for who He is and also saw the obstacles and challenges.
1. When you allow fear to grip you, everything is affected.
- They focused their attention on the obstacles instead of their objective.
- When you fix your attention on the obstacles rather than the objective, fear will always eclipse your faith.
2. When you allow fear to grip you, everything is affected.
- Faith and worry cannot coexist together!
- When you trust you do not worry and when you worry you do not trust.
3. God does not want us to run from our giants but attack them!
- Communion is for believers only.
- Numbers 13:25–28
- Numbers 13:30–14:2
- Numbers 14:2–3
- Numbers 14:9
- 1 Corinthians 10:11–12
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.