Pastor Greg Laurie delivers a Sunday morning message, “On the Outside Looking In,” in which we learn that Moses, the man of God, was certainly not perfect. We’ll gain biblical insight from an unpleasant episode in his life, but we’ll also see that there is redemption for those who mess up.
Follow along in Numbers 20 and Joshua 14 as we continue in our series in the life of Moses: “Water–Fire–Stone.”
- Scripture describes someone who easily loses his temper as a fool (Proverbs 29:11; Ecclesiastes 7:9).
- When Christians love one another it’s a powerful witness to the world.
- When Christians fight with one another it’s a poor witness to the world.
- If you give too many “pieces of your mind” away, you may have nothing left for yourself.
- As Christians, we are to show love and forgiveness; to fail to do so grieves or brings sorrow to the Holy Spirit of God.
- Scripture tells us to be patient with each other.
- When things are hard, reflect back on God’s faithfulness to you in the past.
- It’s always a good idea to pray, especially when you are frustrated.
1. Moses was taking personal credit for what God had done.
- God wants to use you for His glory.
2. Moses disobeyed God.
- Leadership brings responsibility.
- God really dislikes when we misrepresent Him to people.
- The Great Commission is both evangelism and discipleship.
- “You are my friends if you do whatsoever I command you” (John 15:14).
- The rock is used on more than one occasion as a picture of God Himself.
- Jesus is the Rock and Foundation of the Church.
3. Bad decisions bring bad consequences.
4. God gives second chances.
- You need to understand the power and completeness of God’s forgiveness.
- To confess means, “to agree with God.”
- You may think God is mad at you, but the truth is, God is mad about you!
- Proverbs 29:11
- Ecclesiastes 7:9
- Ephesians 4:30–32
- Psalm 107:31
- Numbers 20:10–12
- James 3:1
- John 15:14
- 2 Samuel 22:32
- 1 Corinthians 10:4
- James 1:19–20
- Hebrews 11:27–28
- 1 John 1:7
- Joshua 14:11–12
Learn how you can get involved in the upcoming cinematic crusade, A Rush of Hope, at harvest.org.
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.