All believers should desire to grow in their faith. But if we want to mature, Pastor Greg Laurie points out that we need to use the tools God has given us to deepen our relationship with Him.
In this message from Acts 2 and Psalm 19 titled “Faith 101,” Pastor Greg details the characteristics of every growing Christian.
- As Christians, we sometimes don’t realize all that God has done for us.
- God has given us everything we need to grow spiritually.
“Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Philippians 2:12).
“He who has the Holy Spirit in his heart and the Scripture in his hands has all he needs.” —Alexander Maclaren
1. If you want to be a growing Christian, you must read, study and love God’s Word.
- A growing believer will always be a lover of God’s Word.
- Everything you need to know about God and life is found in the Bible.
- Hungry children are healthy children.
“The Bible is alive; it speaks to me. It has feet; it runs after me.” —Martin Luther
- Read: Acts 2:42, 46–47
W. E. L. L.
2. You should read the Bible as if your life depends on it . . . because it does!
- How do we deal with doubt?
- You believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts.
- How does God speak to us today?
- First and foremost, He speaks through His Word.
3. The Word of God is perfect and completely trustworthy.
“All Scripture is inspired by God” (2 Timothy 3:16).
- The Bible is God’s infallible Word—there are no mistakes, no contradictions . . . it is perfect!
4. The Word of God transforms us.
- 2 Peter 1:3
- Philippians 2:12
- Joshua 1:8
- Psalm 119:159–160
- 1 Peter 2:2
- Jeremiah 15:16
- Acts 2:42, 46–47
- Matthew 7:24–25
- Matthew 7:26–27
- 2 Peter 1:20–21
- Psalm 19:7
- 2 Timothy 3:16
Be a part of the Labor Day weekend premiere of A Rush of Hope. RSVP today at harvest.org/hope
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.