In this Sunday morning message, Pastor Greg Laurie gives us “A Crash Course on Prayer.” Discover the different kinds of prayer and—most importantly—why every growing Christian should have a consistent prayer life. It’s the latest study in a series titled Faith 101.
1. To grow spiritually, you must read, study, and love the Word of God.
2. To be a growing Christian, you must share your faith.
3. You need to be an active part of the church.
4. To be a growing Christian, you must have a prayer life.
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:18).
- We should pray always with all prayer.
- God will hear your prayer whenever you are.
The word all speaks of the frequency of prayer.
1. Why should we pray? Because Jesus told us to!
2. We should pray because prayer is God’s appointed way to obtain things.
3. Prayer is the way by which God helps us to overcome our anxiety and worry.
- Prayer is not an option; it’s a necessity!
- Read: Luke 11:1–4
4. If you want God to say “yes” to your prayers, ask for His will to be done.
- How do you discover God’s Will?
- By the careful study of God’s Word.
- Prayer is not about getting my will in Heaven but getting God’s Will on Earth.
- Nothing lies outside the reach of prayer except that which lies outside the Will of God.
5. A secret to answered prayer: You must confess your personal sin.
6. A secret to answered prayer: You must forgive others.
- Forgiveness is the key to all relationships that are healthy, strong and lasting.
7. A secret to answered prayer: Don’t give up!
- Ask implies requesting assistance.
- Seek denotes asking but adds action.
- Knock includes asking, plus acting, plus persevering.
- Ephesians 6:18
- James 4:2
- Philippians 4:6
- Luke 11:1–4
- 1 John 5:14
- Job 7:17
- Luke 11:4
- Ephesians 4:32
- Luke 11:5–9
- Acts 12:5
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.