In today’s episode, Pastor Greg Laurie explores two examples of healings by Jesus. He tackles questions like, “Why does God allow sickness?” and “Why doesn’t God heal everyone?” It’s a powerful message from Mark 5 titled “Everyone Needs Jesus.”
One of the people who needed Jesus was a poor, helpless, and hopeless woman.
In contrast, the other principal character was a man of power and prestige.
Everyone needs Jesus.
- In the first movement we see Jesus has power over nature as He calmed the storm.
- In the second movement we see Jesus has power over evil as He delivered the demonized man.
- In the third movement we will see that Jesus has power over death and sickness.
- Where does sickness come from?
- Why does God allow it?
- Does God still heal today?
- Why doesn’t God heal everyone?
Read: Mark 5:21–29
This may have even been a divine test for Jairus.
His delays are not necessarily His denials.
They wanted a healing and Jesus wanted a resurrection!
1. Where does sickness come from?
Sickness and death came as a result of the curse of sin.
2. Why does God allow sickness?
3. Does God still heal today?
Read: Mark 5:30–34
4. Why doesn’t God heal everyone?
If you’re not feeling His touch upon you, reach out and touch Him.
Read: Mark 5:35–36, Mark 5:38–40
- Mark 5:26
- Romans 5:12
- 2 Corinthians 12:7–10
- Isaiah 53:4
- 1 Peter 2:24
- James 4:2
Learn more about Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries at harvest.org.
This podcast is supported by the generosity of our Harvest Partners.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.